We strongly believe that our forklift blue spotlight is the best among a bloated market. We have purchased many of the competing blue lights and they all fall behind in quality. When I say quality I'm not just talking about the construction but also the light quality. Many of the other units (even ones more expensive than ours) have a very broad and weak beam. What good does it do to purchase a safety product that isn't effective?
Check out the picture below for an example. There was no photo editing involved, our light is just that much brighter.
Safety is paramount in the work place. Often times pedestrians and employees become distracted by paperwork, noise, music, phones or a host of other things while in the warehouse. If not distractions, then blind corners, crossing aisles, and loading docks. With forklifts moving about (especially electrics), this is a recipe for disaster.
Strobe lights and back-up alarms tend to get lost in the environment. Not blue spot lights, they literally stick out like a beacon. This light paints a blue dot about 6" in diameter on the ground in front of or behind a piece of equipment as a vibrant visual aid. If a piece of equipment is coming from around a corner, the light will be there ahead of it giving warning to the pedestrian or other drivers.
Mounting is usually recommended on the rear of the overhead guard, but the front is becoming more and more popular as well.
Though not OSHA required in general, we have had many customers tell us that their inspector or their safety advisors required the use of blue lights in in heavy use facilities. This light has become so prevalent in the industry that it's getting rare to see large facilities not using them.
• Long life LED (greater than 30,000 hour life expectancy)
• 12-80 volts (newly upgraded from 48v), DC (higher voltages supported with a voltage converter)
• 0.8A current draw @ 12v
• 2 x 5 watts
• 800 Raw Lumens
• Wire Harness Included (12" length)
• UV-resistant polycarbonate lens
• Rugged solid state LEDs can withstand shock & vibration Die-cast aluminum housing provides maximum protection
• Moisture resistant enclosure (can be used outside. At night, the light is great, but the effect of the light in the sun is minimal)
• Operating Temperature -40 ~ +149ºF (-40º ~ +65ºC)
• M8x1.25 Mounting bolt
• All stainless steel mounting hardware
• 5-1/2"W x 3-3/8"D x 4-3/4"T (140x86x120mm) overall dimensions while mounted
• Vibration Resistance
• CE RoHS IP67 IP68 ISO (suitable for use in dirty environments and for power washing)
• 3 year warranty (excluding abuse)
• Made in China
• Suggested wiring is to ground the black wire and connect the red wire to the strobe light's positive wire. The current draw is minimal enough that the wire should be able to handle it just fine. You can also connect the light to the reverse alarms positive wire if you would like it to only be on while in reverse or if you lack a strobe light. Ideally though, you would want it on constantly for pedestrial safety.
• Typically, the light is mounted to the overhead guard near the strobe or rear worklight.
• It is recommended to focus the spot about 8-16 feet from the rear of the forklift depending on preference.