If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly accept your return. Please see below for details on how to proceed.
PLEASE NOTE: Returning an item without authorization may result in a delay of processing or rejection of the return.
- All claims need to be made within 30 days of the order date.
- The item(s) must be in un-damaged original condition with the original packaging.
- There is a 25% restocking fee for all returns.
- Shipping will not be refunded.
- Certain items are considered custom or special request orders by the manufacturer, and certain products are non returnable.
- Orders that have been shipped or prepared for shipment can not be cancelled. If we are unable to cancel your order it is best to create a claim and the standard return policy will be followed.
Please note, returns after 30 days of receipt will be subject to approval and an in store credit may be issued in lieu of refund, depending on the elapsed time and condition of the merchandise.
If you return an item that is offered with free shipping, the original outbound shipping costs will be deducted from your refund. In addition, a restocking fee will be applicable to most items returned. The return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer.
Non returnable items:
- Assembled and/or Modified items or out of original packaging
- Custom made or special order items
Please follow the directions below to submit a return request.
- Submit your return request within 30 days of receiving your order, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your request is submitted, you can expect to receive an email from our Returns team within 1-4 business days.
- An RMA ( Return Merchandise Authorization ) number may be issued and sent to you via email along with the return instructions on how and where to return your order. Your RMA will expire within 15 days of receiving it, and items can not be returned past this date.
- Returns without an RMA number, will generally be refused by the return warehouse or the return will be delayed.
- The return tracking number should be retained to verify shipment. This is an important step, so that we can confirm the return.
- Once the item(s) are received in the expected condition at the destination warehouse, Forklift America will issue applicable credits. Please note the inspection timeframe can vary by manufacturer or Forklift America. An email confirmation will be sent to you once we have processed your refund, which will go back to the original method of payment.
Our intention is to ensure your item arrives in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that your order arrives damaged we will make every effort to help you obtain the necessary replacements as quickly as possible at no extra cost to you.. However, should you choose not to pursue replacements the damaged or defective products can be returned for credit as outlined in our Standard Return Policy.
We encourage our customers to accept their order despite the condition at delivery. This is because a refusal of a damaged shipment can increase the time it takes to process replacements.
Most parts are replaced as a unit. However some of the manufacturers that Forklift America works with will replace whichever parts are needed if it’s a larger assembly to give you a complete undamaged unit. This is often quicker than replacing a whole unit. If there are too many damaged parts, a new unit may be sent to you at the manufacturer’s discretion. If a new unit is sent out, it will be sent with the same shipping method and processing time as the original order unless special circumstances apply. If tracking information is available for the replacements it will be sent to you via email.
In some cases you may be required to provide photos in order to fulfill your replacement requests. Photos are generally requested to confirm the extent of damages for the manufacturer to determine if replacement parts or a full unit replacement is required.
If a full replacement unit is sent, the original item becomes the property of Forklift America. Occasionally our carrier may pick up the damaged or defective items for inspection. Because of this, all items should be kept in their original packaging until further instructions from a Forklift America Resolutions Associate are given.
Lead Time on replacements: If there is a need for immediate replacement, another item can be purchased and the damaged item will be refunded once the item is returned and the claim is finalized. Otherwise, typical turn around time for damaged items varies depending on the manufacturer (typically once the item is received, a replacement ships out immediately).
Canceling an item or order
Due to our commitment to process orders quickly (sometimes immediately), there is a limited period of time in which your order can be canceled. Forklift America is only able to accept cancellation requests via phone. Please follow the directions below to submit a cancellation request.
- Call us at 314-209-9999 Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm CST to submit your cancellation request to one of our Customer Service Agents.
- Your cancellation request will be sent to the manufacturer to confirm the order can be canceled and has not been prepared for shipping.
- We will send you an email confirming if your cancellation request has been approved or denied within 2 business days.
**All cancellations will be confirmed in writing: if you have not received an email confirmation, your order has not been canceled. Forklift America is unable to cancel an order once it has shipped or been prepared for shipping by the manufacturer.
If we are unable to cancel your order as requested, you may return the product under our Standard Return Policy. If your order has successfully been canceled, Forklift America will process the refund back to the original method of payment within 3-5 business days.